Human Resources Generalist
A Human Resources Generalist is a really key person within the human resources function of an organisation. Principally, the HR Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations, which means that they manage the administration of the policies, procedures and programmes of the organisation.
This is a very full on role requiring someone who enjoys planning and developing systems, has real attention to detail but particularly is interested in the personal development of the organisation’s people. Working as a Human Resources Generalist can provide many career opportunities to move upward within the HR function as the skills acquired as some of the most useful for any organisation and are highly valued.
What does a Human Resources Generalist job description include?
- An HR Generalist is usually required to consider staffing logistics and take responsibility for recruiting staff for the organisation. You may also be required to contribute to space planning.
- A key responsibility for a Human Resources Generalist is the personal and professional development of the organisation’s personnel, which involves employee orientation, development and training.
- Employee welfare, safety, wellness and health and counselling is an important area of work for the Human Resources Generalist and involvement in the development and implementation of policy documents and handbooks that can be referred to by employees.
- HR policy development and documentation inline with the company’s corporate vision.
- You will also be involved in performance management working closely with senior management within the organisation.
- The Human Resources Generalist is required to develop compensation and benefits systems that fit the company’s HR responsibilities.
- Communication with the whole company is generally generated by the Human Resources department and the HR Generalist, you will be a key member of any decision making process regarding employee communication and the originator of any content sent to employees.
Key skills and qualifications of a Human Resources Generalist:
- You must be educated to degree level. You may also be required to hold qualifications related to human resources.
- You will have had previous experience in the role of Human Resources Generalist or a very similar position and be able to demonstrate your complete understanding of the position.
- A Human Resource Generalist must be able to analyse and present information in such a way that is understood by everyone within the organisation from the Chairman to the cleaning staff.
- You must be extremely well organised and methodical in your approach to problem solving and be able to manage filing/database system.
- Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite for a HR Generalist as you will be dealing with employees on every level.
- You must understand the legalities of business law in relation to HR and employee employment rights and how to apply them within your day-to-day work, company policy documentation and staff welfare.
- You must be able to operate Microsoft Office and be familiar with any other software pertinent to your industry.
How to find more HR Generalist jobs within the HR Industry:
To find more HR Generalist jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to our website